posted by Oracle yesterday, Sep-06-2016
Information Regarding NEW Smart View Installs: New Installs Displays Certificate Message: "Warning: The digital signature on the application add-in is invalid and cannot be trusted. Application add-in is disabled.The following new My Oracle Support Knowledge Article is available:
Doc ID 2174747.1
per the document:
- Hyperion Essbase - Version 220.127.116.11.000 and later
- Hyperion Planning - Version 18.104.22.168.000 and later
- Hyperion Financial Management - Version 22.214.171.124.000 and later
- Generic Windows
- This issue applies to all versions of Smart View
After installing Smart View and opening Excel, a Microsoft Office Security Options window opens with:
"Warning: The digital signature on the application add-in is invalid and cannot be trusted. Application add-in is disabled."
This affects all new installations of Smart View. Existing installations are not impacted.
New installation of Smart View.
The certificate for the "Digital Signature" for the HsTbar.xla has expired. This is used for Spreading and VBA's.
To workaround the certificate warning:
- Install Smart View ("Run as Administrator"). Do not launch Excel prior to performing the next step.
- Rename the HsTBar.xla file to HsTBar.xla_badcert. This file is located in the \SmartView\bin folder.
- Launch Smart View.