Sunday, June 12, 2016

Oracle Essbase Documentation Release 12.2.1.0.0

Now before you get to excited, this is Essbase in Oracle Business Intelligence 12.2.1.0.0 environment, but still..

This is a very interesting read to say the least.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E66975_01/doc.1221/readme/essbase_122100_readme.html link

The key take-away is that this release of Essbase is now aligned with BI, AND now on the same version; 12.2.1.0.0!

Smart View documentation interestingly enough still refers back to 11.1.2.5.510 but who is counting anyway but > this guy <

A few points worth noting:
! NO MORE EAS CONSOLE OR ESSBASE STUDIO !

"Administration Services and Essbase Studio Are No Longer Available

Release 12.2.1 includes Essbase and Oracle Hyperion Provider Services. Oracle Essbase Administration Services and Oracle Essbase Studio are no longer available and are not supported with Release 12.2.1.

References to Administration Services and Essbase Studio in the Essbase and Provider Services documentation set should be ignored."


For me, this is the big reveal! Ready?
Why do I feel like I am back in school and starting to sing a song by Digital Underground

"All right!
Stop whatcha doin'
'cause I'm about to ruin
the image and the style that ya used to.
I look funny, but yo I'm makin' money, see
so yo world I hope you're ready for me.
Now gather round
I'm the new fool in town
and my sound's laid down by the Underground.
I drink up all the Hennessey ya got on ya shelf
so just let me introduce myself
My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.

Let me introduce myself, my name is humpty..."

But instead, My name is the Essbase Java Agent, pronounced with a EJA?
That certainly doesn’t flow ..
Let me introduce myself, my name is Essbase Java Agent...

I am thinking that EAS as we know it will now become EJA? Maybe it will even be available via Workspace?


"The Essbase Java Agent is a Web application that replaces the classic C Agent. Java Agent is deployed in WebLogic Server, and uses an Oracle relational database, instead of the Essbase security file, to manage application and database metadata. WebLogic Server monitors and controls the Java Agent process. The Java Agent uses Oracle Diagnostic Logging (ODL) instead of essbase.log. Essbase Java Agent offers improved concurrency and networking capabilities over the classic C Agent.

Essbase Java Agent is the service that manages Essbase operations when Essbase is deployed on a WebLogic Server cluster. It runs on one of the managed servers in the WebLogic Server cluster, using the SingletonService capability.

The Essbase RDBMS schema is the Oracle relational database that stores Essbase application and database metadata, when Essbase is deployed on a WebLogic Server cluster."


Why do I feel like the next journey we are all going to take with Essbase is going to be a fun and interesting ride?


What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment